At Park Center, we believe that work is a healing force in a person's recovery. The Supported Employment program assists individuals in obtaining employment and once employed, supports are offered to both the employee and employer as needed to ensure job retention.
Park Center's Supported Employment program utilizes Dartmouth University's Individual Placement and Support (IPS) method of delivering services, which is the most extensively researched method of its kind, spanning several states and eight countries. Principles of IPS include:
- Staff exclusively engagaed in employment services
- Caseload size no greater than 20 individuals
- Complete agency focus on competitive employment
- Rapid and individualized job search
- Zero exclusion: all clients interested in working have access to supported employment services regardless of job readiness factors, substance use, symptoms, history of violent behavior, etc.
Park Center was the first agency in the state of Tennessee to implement the IPS method.
- Person-centered planning and development of employment goals
- Job Development - assistance in finding jobs that match the abilities and interests of the individual
- Job Support - regular contact with employed individuals for as long as needed
- Options for pre-vocational experience within the psychiatric rehabilitation day programs, as well as, pre-vocational education through groups, classes and individual sessions
Who is Eligible?
- Supported Employment is open to all individuals at Park Center, regardless of which program they attend.
- Supported Employment is also open to referrals for Employment Only services. Although a referral is required, individuals will be opened only in Supported Employment.
How to Apply
A completed referral form is required. To complete the online Referral Form, click here. To download a paper Referral Form, click here. Paper forms should be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 615-650-8917.
This program has been accredited by CARF for Community Employment Services