Park Center welcomes compassionate volunteers (ages18 and older) who want to make a difference in the lives of adults with mental illness and substance use disorders.
How can you help?
Volunteer opportunities at Park Center include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Lunch Buddies - Eating lunch with a member
- Accompanying the Emerging Adults (ages 18-24) on community outings
- Offering your expertise in areas such as yoga, choir, art, music, etc.
- Helping to prepare, serve, clean, and entertain at our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners
- Gathering a group of your friends or co-workers (up to 15 people) to assist with larger tasks - Group volunteer opportunities are scheduled at least one month in advance; please contact Lauren Roberts for more information, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 615.242.3576, ext. 217
How do I sign up?
- Contact Lauren Roberts, by email: email@example.com or by phone: 615.242.3576, ext. 217, to let her know that you are interested in volunteering.
- Complete a brief orientation, which includes a tour of the facility where you will be volunteering, introduction to the staff, completion of a volunteer application, and HIPAA training
What else do I need to know?
You will receive training to fulfill your volunteer commitment and will be assisted by Park Center staff every step of the way. Each week, you will log your volunteer hours. When your commitment has ended, you will be asked to complete a Volunteer Satisfaction Survey to tell us more about your experience with us.