Park Center's Supported Employment team works with individuals to obtain and maintain competitive employment. They provide the extra support a person may need to find the right job and the ongoing follow-up necessary to ensure success on the job.
Park Center's Supported Employment program utilizes the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) method of delivering services, which is the most extensively researched method of its kind, and Park Center was the first agency in Tennessee to implement the IPS method. Principles of IPS include:
- A focus on competitive employment
- Eligibility is based on choice and does not depend on where they are in their recovery
- Integration of rehabilitation and mental health services
- Attention to worker preferences
- Personalized benefits counseling
- Rapid job search happens within 30 days of program entry
- Systematic job development through building relationships with a diverse group of employers in the community
- Time-unlimited and individualized support for as long as the member desires
- Person-centered planning and development of job goals
- Assistance with resume development and completing job applications
- Mock job interviews and support through the actual interview process
- Assistance with job placement
- On-the-job training when necessary
- Continued support for as long as the individual determines
- For adults with a severe mental illness and/or co-occurring disorders (mental illness and substance use disorder).
- Serves Davidson, Rutherford, Sumner, and Wilson counties.
Supported Employment is accredited by CARF.