Housing Focused Services
Housing Focused Services
Park Center offers safe and affordable housing for people who have mental illness and substance use disorders.
Types of Housing
Park Center is the largest housing provider designed for people who have mental illness and substance use disorders in the Nashville area. Our staff understands that many people have difficulty maintaining housing, so comprehensive support services are offered to residents to meet those challenges. Two levels of housing are offered:
- Permanent Supportive Housing
The Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) program offers intensive community-based services to support members in achieving housing stability by preventing eviction, hospitalization, incarceration, and homelessness. Once in housing, residents build on a foundation of increased safety and self-determination to experience improved health and wellbeing, enhanced access to resources and employment, and increased community involvement. Program applicants are offered a choice between properties with a standard lease and properties with additional sobriety expectations and support. Applicants may also choose either a 1-bedroom apartment or shared living in a 2- or 3-bedroom layout.
The PSH program is equipped to support single, unaccompanied adults (i.e., no partners or children) living with mental health and substance use disorders. The PSH program does not screen for credit, rental history, or justice system involvement. Applicants must have a way to pay rent and daily living expenses. Rent is 30% of income for 1-bedroom units and $375 for 2- and 3-bedroom units. Utilities or utility allowance are included in rent. There are no insurance requirements for this program.
- Supported Housing
This housing program provides Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR) services for adults seeking housing and support for their mental health recovery. Staff provides individualized coaching to learn skills needed to transition to independent living. Educational groups on mental and physical wellness, as well as cooking, cleaning and hygiene are also available. Staff is on duty 24/7 and each individual shares a bedroom with one person. Supported Housing is a TennCare funded program and individuals must have TennCare to be eligible.
- Emerging Adults (EA) Housing
We provide two (2) different types of housing for young adults ages 18-25:
- Supported Living with 24-hour staff
- Therapeutic Community Living offers regular staff check-ins during the week
Learn more about EA Housing here.
- Staff on call 24/7
- Rental assistance
- Regular visits from staff
- Welcome Home kits for all residents
- Full-time maintenance staff
- Medication management
- Employment services
- Transportation assistance
- Access to all other Park Center programs and services
Other Housing Focused Services
SOAR is a national program that works to end homelessness by increasing access to disability benefits through the Social Security Administration. Eligible individuals in Davidson County can be referred to SOAR through a referral to Park Center. Learn more about SOAR eligibility criteria here.
Permanent Supportive Housing
- Equipped to support single, unaccompanied adults (i.e., no partners or children) living with mental health and substance use disorders.
No screening for credit, rental history, or justice system involvement. Rent is 30% of income for 1-bedroom units and $375 for 2- and 3-bedroom units. Utilities or utility allowance are included in rent.
- No insurance requirements.
- For adults with a diagnosis of serious mental illness or co-occurring disorder.
- Requires TennCare & rent payment of $500-$625, depending on location. Cost of rent includes room and utilities.
- Separate men's and women's houses, with up to 8 residents each (2 people to a room); 24/7 on-site staff support.
- No time limit to services, though TennCare must continue to authorize consumer’s eligibility.
- Cannot be on the sex offender registry.
- Not appropriate for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
Make a Referral
To get connected to our services, please complete one of the referral forms below.
Supported Housing is accredited by CARF.