Park Center believes that people who have mental illness can live and work successfully in the community. Park Center provides a comprehensive and dynamic program of recovery for people who have severe and persistent mental illness.
Individuals who attend Park Center are called “members” because they elect to attend the program and work toward their own recovery. Park Center believes in responding to individuals' strengths and abilities, rather than their illness. Through employment training, educational groups and peer support, Park Center is able to provide a compassionate and safe atmosphere to maximize opportunities for recovery.
Goals of the program include providing members with the education and training they need to self-manage their illness and their lives; preparing members to work in the community; offering opportunities for peer support; and increasing an individual's independence.
- Assistance with educational goals
- Art Therapy
- Therapeutic Drum Circle
- WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan) groups
- Nutrition, Weight Loss and Wellness classes
- Illness Management and Recovery classes
- Independent living skills (bus training, budgeting, anger management, etc.)
- Community Integration
Who is Eligible?
- For individuals (18 and over) with a diagnosis of severe and persistent mental illness
- Must have TennCare insurance
- Not appropriate for individuals with intellectual disabilities who have an IQ of less than 70
How To Apply
A completed referral form is required. To complete the online Referral Form, click here.
This program has been accredited by CARF for Community Integration Services