Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What is Park Center and what types of services do you provide?
    Park Center is a community mental health agency that provides comprehensive services for people who have serious mental illness and substance use disorders and those experiencing literal homelessness.
  2. Who is a Park Center "member"?
    People who attend Park Center's programs are called "members" instead of clients or consumers because they choose to attend our programs and work toward their own recovery.
  3. How do I become a Park Center member?
    A Park Center referral form must be completed online and submitted to our Data & Intake Coordinator for review and processing.
  4. Where can I get a Park Center referral form?
    The referral form can be completed online by clicking the Make A Referral button in the top right corner.
  5. Can I complete the referral myself?
    Yes, you can complete the referral form yourself. However, we will need medical documentation confirming your psychiatric diagnosis. The release of information form that enables us to obtain your medical records from mental health providers can be found by clicking the Make A Referral button.
  6. How long does it take for a referral to be processed?
  7. Referral forms are processed within 1-2 business days. This does not mean you will be starting services in 1-2 business days. This means the Data & Intake Coordinator will confirm receipt of the referral form or ask for more information within 1-2 business days.
  8. Do you have emergency shelters?
    No, Park Center's homeless shelter for women operates from a wait list.
  9. Does your housing have a wait list?
    Yes, all levels of housing have a wait list. This includes the homeless shelter for women, Supported housing and Independent housing. Our wait lists fluctuate, so feel free to contact our Data & Intake Coordinator at 615.242.3576 or for more information.
  10. How much is rent?
    Rent varies depending on the level of housing. Rent for Independent houses or apartments is $300-$400 per month. Rent for Supported housing is $500 per month (includes food & utilities).
  11. Where are your properties located?
    All Park Center properties are located in Nashville, Tennessee (Davidson County).
  12. Are utilities included in rent?
    Utilities are included in the homeless shelter for women, Supported housing, Emerging Adults housing and some Independent housing units.
  13. What jobs does Park Center offer?
    Park Center is not an employment agency with jobs waiting to be filled. Instead, our Supported Employment program assists members in finding competitive employment. They also provide job readiness training and on the job support to ensure job retention.