Park Center Receives 3-year CARF Accreditation
March 10, 2022
Park Center has received a 3-year CARF accreditation for the following programs: Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR), Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), Supported Housing, and IPS Supported Employment.
Founded in 1966 as the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, CARF International is an Independent nonprofit accreditor of health and human service organizations. Currently, there are 60,000 programs across more than 8,000 organizations accredited through CARF internationally. In order for an organization to be CARF accredited, they must demonstrate a commitment to continuous quality improvement by showing substantial conformance to the CARF administrative and program standards.
The benefits of accreditation include:
- Person-focused standards that emphasize an integrated and individuated approach to services and outcomes.
- Accountability to funding sources, referral sources and the community.
- Evidence to federal, state and local governments of commitment to quality of programs and services.
- Guidance for responsible management and professional growth of personnel
- A visible symbol that assures the public that the organization has sound business practices and the highest quality of services provided.
Park Center has been accredited since 2012 and has received the highest level of accreditation on all of its surveys since that time. Being CARF accredited has helped us continually improve our efficiency, fiscal health, and service delivery. CARF has provided us with a framework in which to measure performance and ensure we are providing the highest quality of services to our members.