Skip to content

Residential Services

Park Center offers safe and affordable housing for people who have mental illness and substance use disorders.

Photo gallery

Types of Housing

Park Center is the largest housing provider designed for people who have mental illness and substance use disorders in the Nashville area. Our staff understands that many people have difficulty maintaining housing, so comprehensive support services are offered to residents to meet those challenges. Two levels of housing are offered:

  • Permanent Supportive Housing-
    This program offers affordable, permanent, supportive housing for people living with a serious mental illness and co-occurring disorders. Units are located in East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, and Germantown, near resources and bus stops. Park Center has one, two, and three-bedroom units for single, unaccompanied adults (no partners or kids). Our program offers drug- and alcohol-free properties for people who are interested in a sober lifestyle and environment. Staff support is focused on increasing stability (i.e., preventing eviction, hospitalization, incarceration, and homelessness), accessing resources and employment, and increasing community involvement.
  • Supported Housing- This housing program provides psychiatric rehabilitation (PSR) services to help adults who have serious mental illness to learn the skills needed to transition to independent living. Staff provides individualized coaching and educational groups on mental and physical wellness, as well as cooking, cleaning and hygiene. Staff is on duty 24/7. Each individual shares a bedroom with one person (separate men's and women's houses).


  • Staff on call 24/7
  • Rental assistance
  • Regular visits from Residential Services staff
  • Welcome Home kits for all residents
  • Full-time maintenance staff
  • Medication management
  • Employment services
  • Transportation assistance
  • Access to all other Park Center programs and services

Permanent Supportive Housing

  • For adults with a diagnosis of serious mental illness
  • Must be sober for at least six (6) months (or three months if in treatment)
  • No insurance requirements
  • Must have income and be able to pay rent (either 30% of income or $375, depending on unit) and daily living expenses
    • Income Verification Required: Please submit one month's worth of pay stubs or the individual's most recent award letter if they receive SSI/SSDI. You can upload these documents to page 4 of the online referral form.
  • Cannot be on the sex offender registry

Supported Housing

  • For adults with a diagnosis of serious mental illness
  • Requires TennCare and income. Rent is $500 per month (includes food and utilities)
  • Must be interested in participating in daily PSR activities
  • No time limit to services. However, TennCare must continue to authorize resident's eligibility.
  • Cannot be on the sex offender registry

Make a Referral

Please complete an online Referral Form by clicking the Make A Referral button below.


Supported Housing is accredited by CARF.